🔪Any Man by Amber Tamblyn | Harper Perennial
- I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH. This book was unlike anything I have ever read, and I was utterly emotionally ruined by it. The only book I have read in literally a decade that has made me this emotional and awe-inspired.
🔪The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager | Dutton Books
- I honestly didn’t think it was possible for me to love a Riley Sager novel more than I loved Final Girls, but then I read The Last Time I Lied and well, spit on my neck and kick me in the crotch, because this has usurped Final Girls as my favourite Sager read, if not one of my favourite reads ever. Period.
🔪I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara | Harper
- This is a beautiful work of non-fiction/true crime. A bittersweet read because of the author’s own story, plus a balanced and detailed work of true crime because of the author’s talent and heart and drive. Highly recommended for fans of true crime and nonfiction, but just to fans of justice and thrillers and good writing, in general.
🔪The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn | William Morrow
- I loved Finn’s writing style: his prose construction, his sense of humour, knowledge of his character and his timing with plot details. Not to mention, the simple beauty to how he describes a scene, pulls you in without overwhelming you. An exceptional popcorn-thriller.
🔪Into the Black Nowhere (UNSUB, #2) by Meg Gardiner | Dutton
- I was completely blown away by this instalment in the UNSUB series. This is a cinematic, action-packed, physically satisfying novel that, even if this genre isn’t your top choice, you will still fall in love with it. It is an intelligent, enthralling, completely perfect followup to its predecessor.
🔪Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna | Doubleday
- This was just so much fun, a pretty perfect example of what a crime thriller-whodunnit should be. Well-thought out, well-plotted; Luna knew exactly what she was doing, the story she was telling and how much of the characters she wanted to share. Fingers crossed this gets turned into a series.
🔪Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone | Lake Union Publishing
- The crimes are twisted, the motivation is stunning and the writing is crisp and clean. It felt original in terms of plot. A debut author worthy of your precious reading time.
🔪The Fifth To Die (4MK Thriller, #2) by JD Barker | Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Highly recommended to read this series in order, but it’s a reading experience you will not regret. Praise be for Barker, the ultimate literary god. His voice is so unique, his thoughts so twisted and his ability to create a story that never stop is unmatched. He’s the serial killer epic master.