Are you stuck on what to read next? Are you looking for a reading recommendation that doesn’t let you down? Are you experiencing an itching and burning feeling…wait, no…
Here is my up-to-date list of what I think is the best in crime fiction right now. The books I love and recommend, from the bottom of my bottom. Do you trust me? Then pick something from this list. Your choice comes with a 100% nothing back guarantee – because you’re not paying me to do this shit.
Just call me your fairy-book godmother.
The UNSUB Series by Meg Gardiner
- This is a masterpiece of serial killer crime fiction and has quickly turned into my new favourite series. It doesn’t get any better than Meg Gardiner. Find it here: Goodreads.
The 4MK Thrillers by J.D. Barker
- A completely fresh voice and unique in the crime fiction genre, Barker has created something special with the 4MK series. Following a troubled cop who enters a twisted relationship with an even more twisted serial killer, we are taken for a violent, pulse-racing ride. Find it here: Goodreads.
The Valerie Hart Series by Saul Black
- Gritty, bloody, sexual and twisted, this series is exactly what you’re looking for if you want to be disturbed and amazed. Following San Francisco detective Valerie Hart, Saul Black’s prose are poetic and beautiful, but the scenes he paints are by far some of the most disturbing I’ve read. Maybe not for the more sensitive readers among us, but for the rest of us, you want this. Trust me. Find it here: Goodreads..
The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
- I will forever recommend this read. It’s very Hitchcock meets Copycat and it was total popcorn reading for me. The atmosphere is overwhelming, it keeps you on your toes and plays with your emotions. I LOVED THIS. Find it here: Goodreads.
Final Girls by Riley Sager
- The nostalgia factor of Riley Sager’s writing can not be overstated. Did you grow up loving 80s to 2000s horror movies? Scream, Halloween, I Know What You Did Last Summer or Friday The 13th? Then I can promise you that you will love this book. Find it here: Goodreads.
The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
- #SlaughterSquad for life. This book is an epic tome of family saga revolving around a decades old murder witnessed by two sister, and the present day murder/school shooting that the sisters get involved it. It’s brilliant and emotional and smart. Find it here: Goodreads.
It’s never too late to pick up some of these older releases that are still ah-meezing.
The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
- The quintessential serial killer crime fiction thriller. It is what all other crime fiction aspires to be. You’ve seen the movie so what THE EFF are you waiting for? Reading the source material. Pay your respects! Find it here: Goodreads.
The Ren Bryce Series by Alex Barclay
- A highly underrated series featuring a fantastic lead, and created by a writer with a sharp wit and strong sense of what a crime fiction series should look like. I’ve loved this series for a long time and I’m pretty sure most people don’t even know it exists. Get on the Ren Bryce Train! Find it here: Goodreads.
The Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell Series by Chelsea Cain
- I would
literallyalmost literally kill someone to get another instalment of this series. It’s Hannibal Lecter and Clarice Starling, but Hannibal is a sexy, blonde bombshell bitch. You’ve never met anyone so twisted. Sexy and violent, this series is an absolute must-read for crime fiction fans. Find it here: Goodreads.
The Taylor Jackson Series by J.T. Ellison
- Ellison has been focusing on standalones lately, and while I am thrilled to read anything she writes, my heart will always belong to her Lieutenant Taylor Jackson series. It’s a classic style series following a cop as she solves a new case each book. Based in Nashville, it’s tamer for those of us who don’t like too much graphic gore in our writing, but still a thrill ride. Find it here: Goodreads.