I came across this Currently Reading book tag somewhere and it looked fun. I can’t remember where I saw it, and I’m too lazy to find out. I’m just being honest. Laziness is a terrible motivator that I am flush with. I don’t live in an apartment that smells of rich mahogany though…
Let’s play, shall we?!
1. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU USUALLY READ AT ONCE?
Well, technically one, but I will start two at once. I end up reading through to the end whichever one is holding my interest more. Once I’m finished the better book, I force myself to finish the less enthralling of the two before I move on to a new set of two. It’s a weird system created over 32 years. Don’t judge.
Me, trying to figure out how to explain my book reading system:
2. IF YOU’RE READING MORE THAN ONE BOOK AT A TIME, HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHEN TO SWITCH BOOKS?
My interest level is my guide. #lifemotto
3. DO YOU EVER SWITCH BOOKMARKS WHILE YOU’RE PARTWAY THROUGH A BOOK?
I fail to see why this would matter to the overall reading experience. I would have no issue switching bookmarks, but I rarely do. Maybe if I bought a new one while I was in the middle of a book. It would be like getting a new outfit – you want to wear it the first chance you get.
4. WHERE DO YOU KEEP THE BOOK(S) YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
On my beside table; along with a scented candle, a can of Diet Pepsi (essential), my cellphone, a book light and an abundance of cat hair.
5. AT WHAT TIME OF DAY DO YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME READING?
During the week I really only have time before bed. That’s just adult life for you. On the weekends it’s a free-for-all depending on what my husband and I have planned. The mornings and afternoons are my favourite times though. That leaves weekend nights open to sexy time.
6. HOW LONG TO DO YOU TYPICALLY READ IN ONE SITTING?
I tend to only start reading if I know I have at least an hour to dedicate. I don’t like feeling rushed. If I have a day that is free of responsibilities or errands or chores, then I can read anywhere from four to eight hours before my eyes need a break. #glasseslife
7. DO YOU READ HARDBACKS WITH THE DUST JACKET OFF?
No! Sorry, but I love dust jackets. If they’re old and uncooperative, I’ll tape it down on the inside flaps.
8. WHAT POSITION DO YOU MAINLY USE TO READ?
Laying down, on my back. (That’s what she said.)
9. DO YOU TAKE THE BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING WITH YOU EVERYWHERE YOU GO?
If I know there will be reading time, then yes. A book will come to work with me every day for lunch and breaks. I’ll bring one to appointments, or something, where I’m the one in the waiting room. But I do most of my reading at home, no pants.
10. HOW OFTEN DO YOU UPDATE YOUR GOODREADS PROGRESS ON THE BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
Anytime I stop reading and there is a interesting quote that can handle a funny .gif or bit of incisive commentary. I like to keep my updates entertaining. If I’m not funny, I’m boring and no one wants that. There are enough serious people around here.
If you’re reading this, than you’re it!
Until next time, Booknerds…